Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
Client: Commission for Universities and Research, Government of Catalonia.
Project year: 1993
Construction period: 1a FASE: 1995 – 1996 2a FASE: 2004 – 2005
Total built: 4.034,20 m²
Budget: 3.283.464’58 €
Construction company: COMAPA
- Collaboration with *
- Josep M. Oller, technical architect.
- JG & Asociados, engineers, installations consultancy.
- Static, engineering, structures consultancy.
- DISCOVER LLEIDA, STROLLING TWENTIETH CENTURY ARCHITECTURE. Jaume Porta Casarellas. March Editor. Lleida, 2005.
- CAMPUS. 10 YEARS OF UNIVERSITY ARCHITECTURE IN CATALONIA. VCA Editors. Government of Catalonia, Department Chair, Commission for Universities and Research. Barcelona, 1996.
The powerful image of this university building which includes units of the Department of Animal and Agroforestry Engineering, University of Lleida, is due to the characteristics of teachers containers, references already built campus where it is inserted, the guidelines of the structural system and the desire to establish a broad and spatial relationship manifests, visual and inside.
The incorporation of the main communication system in a centered position of the building, in an area of high altitude, open, lit by a skylight allows this global reading of all levels, breaking the horizontal structure and emphasizes the relationship between interior and exterior.
The location on the access level of the laboratories, the administrative and management along with seminars at the intermediate level and offices and other seminars on the second level, optimize and prioritize the interrelation of areas.