Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
Client: Municipal Housing, City Council of Barcelona.
Competition year: 1998
Project year: 1999
Construction period: 2001 – 2004
Total built: 2.880 m²
Budget: 814.212,52 €
Construction company: CORSAN-CORVIAM
- Collaboration with *
- Salvador Arisa, Technical architect.
- Imogep SA, installations consultancy.
- Jose Carrasco, architect, structures consultancy.
- 80 YEARS OF HOUSING MUNICIPAL BOARD IN PICTURES. Municipal Housing, Barcelona City Council. Barcelona, 2009.
- PUBLIC HOUSING IN BARCELONA 1991-2005. THE IMPACT OF THE MUNICIPAL BOARD OF HOUSING. Municipal Board of Housing on Barcelona, Barcelona City Council. Barcelona 2006.
Awards: Competition, 1st Place.
The Llobregos street is a pathway of Carmel district with accused topography. This building, along its 50 m. length exceeds a height of 10 m., which has been one of the main factors for this collective housing project. It’s positioning between party and irregular, narrow depth accommodates a linear arrangement of the houses, forming a series of large scale, despite the small number of homes.
A regulatory setback in its volume divides the plane in two areas, outdoor access points and justifies the addition of two color shades in the façade material. Large openings on the business premises of the low offer business continuity Street needed in this residential neighborhood. At the bottom of the set stone treatment of the façade incorporates access to underground parking.
All housing is optimized indoor-outdoor relationship, natural ventilation and a maximum solar gain. The linear arrangement of a large part of the housing allows the flexibility and spatial otherness bedrooms and living room. A fragmented organization’s environment and staircase access generally stimulates and articulates the geometry of the building.