Intervention level: Basic project, of Execution and Direction of Work.
Client: Gava City Council. Department of Interior. Government of Catalonia.
Project year: 2008
Construction period: 02′ 2009 – 05′ 2010
Total built: 1.619,60 m²
Budget (PEM): 1.792.711,27 €
Construction company: TAU ICESA
- Collaboration with *
- Aumedes Dap, Xavier Aumedes, technical architect, economic consultancy.
- Luis Alfredo Rodríguez Tirado,engineer of roads, channels and ports, structures consultancy. – Manuel Comas i Olivella, industrial engineer, installations consultancy.
- AT3, S.C.P., Josep M. Oller, technical architect, On site.
- Pedro Pegenaute, Photography.
- FIRE, CRIME & ACCIDENT. Fire Departments, Police Stations, Rescue Services. Chris van Uffelen. Braun Publishing AG. Berlin, Germany. 2012. ISBN: 978-3-03768-125-1
- V PREMIO DE ARQUITECTURA ASCENSORES ENOR Grupo Ascensores Enor. Vigo. ISBN 13: 97884-694-7323-8
Awards: V Architecture Award Ascensores ENOR. Longlisted.
The parcel to the project which puts the new fire station, is immersed in the “New Green Ensanche Gavá” characterized by a growth model that will be respectful of the existing landscape setting and its environmental value.
Located in the lower part of Central Park and almost Caçagats contact with the New Calamot Park, this lot is part of the “line” connection between the biological and landscape agroforestry space Garraf and Llobregat Delta.
The project is generated from the interplay of four main parameters:
The functional program
Accessibility of vehicles
The orientation of the building
Joint reflection of these four parameters, there are two main invariants, on the one hand the need for convenient access from the road, and on the other hand, the attempt to integrate as far as possible, a building of its kind a natural place virtually untouched.
In this sense it has been suggested that the building itself that generates the pseudo-urban contact with the path, trying to reduce the presence of the great “platform hard” (space for practices / operations) that accompanies this type of building.
If we add to this premise that the land is substantially rectangular shape with two boundaries facing the mountain and the other two down the road, it is a configuration in plan edificatorio an “L”, which accompanies the more urban part of the plot , generating a large interior courtyard facing south – west.