Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
Client: Catalan Health Service, Government of Catalonia.
Competition year: 1988
Project year: 1989
Construction period: 1990 – 1992
Total built: 12.044 m²
Budget: 10.691.587,53 €
Construction company: Cubiertas y MOZV
- Collaboration with *
- Albert de Pineda, architect. Co-author of the project.
- Josep Mª Oller, technical architect.
- JG&Asociados, engineers, installations consultancy.
- Robert Brufau, architect, structures consultancy.
- ARCHITECTURE FOR HEALTH. 18 YEARS OF SANITARY ARCHITECTURE IN CATALONIA. CATSALUT 1991-2009. Catalan Health Service CatSalut, Architects Association of Catalonia COAC. Barcelona 2010.
- A&V MONOGRAFIAS DE ARQUITECTURA Y VIVIENDA. Nº49 SALUD NACIONAL.
- GUÍA ARQUITECTURA DE ESPAÑA. 1929-1996.
- PREMIOS FAD ARQUITECTURA – INTERIORISMO 93.
- Competition, 1st Place.
- Finalist work FAD (1993)
The building is located in a place where they have to converge domestic legal requirements with initial conditions of land contrary to the typological variants more common in hospitals.
This meant that we were to opt for attitudes of project that traces respected landscape, providing an architecture that causes a certain amount of novelty in the development of the solution adopted.
This hospital adapts to the ground through the gradual phasing of multiple volumes with a strong linear component. The disposal of a body generally transverse to the axis of the assembly causes two distinct areas, one for public use and the other intended strictly for internal use and technical. The main access to the center being independent, without visual contact with other areas of the hospital.
The complex internal organization is structured areas and services with the criterion of maximizing contact with all facade elements, thus avoiding excessive compactness usual in such buildings.