Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
Client: Department of Justice, Government of Catalonia.
Project year: 2000
Construction period: 2001 – 2003.
Total built: 8.944 m²
Budget: 5.923.722,21 €
Construction company: ARCADI PLA
- Collaboration with *
- Antoni Batlle, Technical architect. Economic consultancy.
- Robert Brufau, Architect. Structures consultancy.
- JG & Asociados, Industrial engineers. Installations consultancy.
- ARCHITECTURE OF PUBLIC FACILITIES IN CATALONIA. 2000-2010. Generalitat de Catalunya. Department of Planning and Public Works. Barcelona 2010.
- Girona Architecture Awards, Girona: C.O.A.C. Demarcation of Girona, Girona
Awards: Selected Work. Architecture Awards of the Girona region (2003)
Located in an area of the expansion of the city, the new courts presents the friendlier facade to the street Arnera, retiring from the alignment to expand the space of the street and offer through a series of courtyards, permeability from the outside to the building.
At the groundfloor there is a large hall from which access is distributed at seven courtrooms, police court (with outside access) the department of citizen services, civil registration and marriages room, also with access from the outside.
On the upper floors are located judicial offices, the offices of judges and court clerks and prosecutors, interspersed with courtyards. These offices are open to the public through an access gallery, with waiting rooms, visually connected with the outside.