Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision
Client: Lugo City Council.
Competition year: 2009
Project year: 2011
Construction period: 09′ 2010 – 03′ 2013
Total built: 5.293,83 m²
Budget (PEM): 2.306.161,69 €
Construction company: Cps Obras e Infraestructuras del Atlántico.
- Collaboration with *
- Jaime Esperón Portela, Technical architect, Execution Director.
- Guillermo Pan Suárez, Technical architect. Study of Safety and Health and Safety Coordination
- Grupo JG, Installations Consultancy.
- Luis Alfredo Rodriguez. In Civil Engineering and Ports. Structure Consultancy.
- Andrés Fraga. Photography.
- CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE GUIDE GALICIA: GALICIAN ARCHITECTURE OF XXI CENTURY. Santos y Mera Arquitectos slp. Pontevedra, 2013. ISBN: 978-84-616-6566-2
- FIRE, CRIME & ACCIDENT. Fire Departments, Police Stations, Rescue Services. Chris van Uffelen. Braun Publishing AG. Berlin, Germany. 2012. ISBN: 978-3-03768-125-1
- TRASLUZ. Nº8. Trasluz Lukus Comunicación. A Coruña, Spain 2011.
Awards: Competition, 1st Place.
The volumetry of this building is defined by a U-shaped structure around a courtyard. This courtyard articulates and prioritizes different uses, providing lighting inside the main routes.
This implementation allows to differentiate the location of the offices of the local police and civil protection wich requires a completely separate operation. This is possible thanks to a clear segmentation of the ground and first floors of circulations both indoors and volumetric configuration of the building, giving an image capable of conferring identity to each of the services and strengthening its presence in the two main facades shown from the access.
The general appearance is that of a compact building with controlled openings in the exterior walls and airy interiors in protected facades facing the courtyard and in the areas of access and citizen services. The position of the three vertical communication cores, it means generating a mass fragmentation pursued built to accommodate the scale of the building to the parcel.