Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision
Client: Department of Education, Government of Catalonia
Competition year: 2007
Project year: 2009
Construction period: 05/2010 – 01/2012
Total built: 2.187,83 m²
Budget: 4.922.220,22 €
Construction company: SEROM, S.L.
- Aumedesdap, Technical architects.
- Manuel Comas, engineer, Installations Consultancy.
- Boma, Miquel Angel Sala, architect, Structure Consultancy.
- Gerc Inartur, S.L. Rafael Huertes, Josep Camps, Technical architects, Execution Directors.
- Pedro Pegenaute, Photography.
- SCHOOLS INNOVATION AND DESIGN. Jacobo Krauel Vilaseca, Links Books, Barcelona, Spain, 2014.
Awards: Competition, 1st Place.
The building is characterized by a clear implementation geometrically subject to and conditioned by the existing sports equipment, positioned in the central part of the performance. The site has distant visual domains and ample natural lighting.
The development of the building is raised on the ground floor, with the main north-south axis what guides the grouping of three bodies in a figure edificatory “U” between them and thus framing the sports hall. The whole volume longest school offers education primarily spaces for the primary cycle, north closes with a space area of south-up and develop early childhood education spaces and collective uses: dining room, library, etc …
The interrelationship between the various teaching areas and outdoor spaces, patios and sports center, form the main matrix for compositional layout of the proposal.
For the realization of the building have been considered building systems, materials and compositional criteria consistent with optimizing environmental factors serving criteria durability, low environmental impact and adaptation to the environment.