Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision
Client: Cornellà de Llobregat, City Council.
Project year: 2009
Construction period: 2010
Total built: 3.448,71 m²
Budget (PEM): 4.420.050,15 €
Construction company: CONSTRUCTORA SAN JOSÉ
- Collaboration with Mestura Arquitectes S.L.P.
- Xavier Aumedes, technical architect, economic consultancy.
- Luís Alfredo Rodríguez, engineer of roads, canals and ports. – Structures consultancy.
- Manuel Comas. Installations consultancy.
- Pedro Pegenaute, Photography.
- SCHOOLS INNOVATION AND DESIGN. Jacobo Krauel Vilaseca, Links Books, Barcelona, Spain, 2014.
- EXÉ ARCHITECTURE DÉTAIL TECHNIQUE Nº 17. À VIVRE éditions, Paris, France, 2014.
- HIGHLIGHTS ARCHITECTURE Vol. 7. Shanglin A&C Limited, Hong Kong, China, 2014.
- SCHOOL ARCHITECTURE. DESIGN FOR ELEMENTARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS. Phoenix Publishing and Media Group – Tianjin Ifengspace Culture and Media Co., Ltd. Beijing, China, 2012.
- FACADES Design, Construction & Technology. Lara Menzel. Braun Publishing AG. Berlin, Germany 2012.
- SUMMA + 121 Educación y Cultura. Doon SA. Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2012.
- FRAME. Nº 83. Frame Publishers. Amsterdam, Holland 2011.
- SURFACING. SURFACE DESIGN SOLUTIONS. Nº 144. Gearing Media Group Ltd. Battle, East Sussex, England 2011.
- ICON. INTERNATIONAL DESIGN, ARCHITECTURE & CULTURE. Nº 96. Media 10 Limited. Loughton, United Kingdom 2011.
- LA VOZ DEL INTERIOR. ARQUITECTURA. MUNDO. “Escuela primaria Martinet en Cornellà de Llobregat, Barcelona (España), de Mestura Arquitectos”. Grupo Clarín. Codoba, Argentina. 10/09/2011
- EXHIBITION: 7th Edition TRANS/HITOS 2011 Architecture and Interior Design Exhibition in Ceramics. Valencia, Spain CEVISAMA 2011.
- VIDEO: ASCER visual series on YouTube: “Architecture and Ceramics.” Award winning projects of Architecture and Interior Design Ceramic 2010. 2L Ceip Martinet, Cornella de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain.
- Ceramic Architectures
- Plataforma Arquitectura
- Prismatic Primaries: 8 Technicolor Concrete Nursery Schools in Spain
- Ceramic Awards of Architecture and Interior Design 2010. Distinction.
- 1st Exhibition of Architecture of Barcelona. College of Architects of Catalonia (COAC). Selected Work.
On a lot of small size, as the standard for this type of center, the ground floor is organized in a “U” around the kindergarten playground, releasing the rest of the site for the primary playground.
In a first volume of ground floor, in continuity with the primary yard, lie the nursery and primary hallways and all support units of the school.
The classrooms are designed as a three-storey volume in which children’s classrooms, oriented south, have direct contact with its own patio with a porch and elementary classrooms located in first and second floor, which is accessed by a corridor oriented south, north facing light comes from.
A ceramic lattice acts as protection for passive solar south facing corridors giving access to primary classrooms. The faces of these parts most exposed to the sun-glazed surface have 2 ranges of 3 different colors each. The exposed faces west orientation combine a range of 3 color green “spring”, while those exposed in the east combine a range of 3 earthy colors “autumn”.
The lattice functions at various scales, from the Ronda de Dalt the main facade of the school is very visible, and is integrated into the landscape of large containers nearby industrial area, while underscoring the middle distance is three-dimensional geometry of the parts. From inside a double façade that controls light and creates a play of colors, lights and shadows, which change over time and with movement of the observer.