Intervention level: Project of ordenation
Client: Parc Sanitari Pere Virgili.
Competition year: 2000
Project year: 2000
Total built: 80.850 m²
- Collaboration with *
- Jesús de la Torre, architect – town planner.
This Plan is made to order urbanistically the transformation of the old enclosure Barcelona Military Hospital, progressive process that allow formation of the “Parc Sanitari Pere Virgili”, promoted and managed by the public company of the same name, attached to CATSALUT. This public initiative unfolds under the ownership of land by purchase CATSALUT given to the Spanish state (Ministry of Defence).
The concept of the Parc Sanitari complex is to equipment of public health and welfare, which includes in its scope a diversified range of activities and services that have in common their membership and / or linking to the fields of medicine and health care. This set of activities and services are grouped and designated as follows:
1) Care services, with two areas:
– Areas Sociosanitary:
– Units of long and medium stay.
– Day care.
– Mental health areas.
2) Health care services and outpatient:
– Major surgery outpatient and short stay.
– Hemodialysis Units, Rehabilitation and Diagnostic Techniques for the image.
– Basic Health Areas (CAP)
3) Health Institutions:
– Barcelona Health Consortium.
– Emergency Medical Service.
– Agency for Health Technology Assessment.
– Branch primary Barcelona (ICS).
– Institute for image diagnosis.
4) Areas of management and related services.
5) Administrative offices linked to world health.
6) Security Services.
7) Support Services.