Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
Client: San Jaume Home Trust. ICASS.
Project year: 1990
Construction period: 1992 – 1995
Total built: 5.499 m²
Budget: 4.325.458,91 €
Construction company: OCP CONSTRUCCIONES, S.A.
- Collaboration with *
- Josep M. Oller, technical architect.
- Jaume Gustems, engineer, installations consultancy.
- Robert Brufau, architect, structures consultancy.
The configuration at the site of the building is due to its characteristics of reference, the town center and the existing building which is engaged by the presence of a large container in the form of “L” that makes the model adopted, have to continually participate guidelines under the same model, structural system, material texture, compaction, interior-exterior relationship established, etc …
The performance of this program has been based on the following aspects:
– Demolition of all buildings adjoining the main building, given its residual.
– Taking advantage of all the space of the existing building as management and administration area.
– Establishment of a spatial relationship and applications by connecting the existing building and new building.
– Adequacy of previous spaces that link the different areas of the reading center at adapting typological peculiarities of the new volume,
– A communication and distribution system that differentiates first activities of the service area and on the other hand, facilitates the flow of connection between this and the situation of the bedrooms and living rooms.