Intervention level: Scheme Design, Detail Design and Site Supervision.
Client: University of Catalonia, Polytechnic.
Project year: 1995
Construction period: 1995 – 1999
Total built: 2.764 m²
Budget: 1.892.222,02 €
Construction company: COPCISA
- Collaboration with *
- Josep M. Oller, Enric Peña , Xavier Aumedes, technical architects.
- JG & Asociados, engineers, installations consultancy.
- Manuel Arguijo, architect, structures consultancy.
- CAMPUS. 10 YEARS OF UNIVERSITY ARCHITECTURE IN CATALONIA. VCA Editors. Government of Catalonia, Department Chair, Commission for Universities and Research. Barcelona.
- UNIVERSITY OF CATALONIA CAMPUS IN TERRASA, FIVE YEARS OF PROJECTS. TOWARDS CAMPUS 2000. Technical University of Catalonia. Terrassa, Barcelona.
This building is located on land formerly occupied by a group of industrial buildings called Vapor Sala. Its position along with other universities, allows a new relationship between the city center and the university campus. Its simple volumetry, a rectangular prism, placed on a horizontal base, is only altered by the presence of a body shaped hall outside the San Nebridi Rambla.
The program organized in four levels, provides classrooms in the first two, the level 0 also includes administrative areas and access. Third layer are laboratories, both teachers and the research and a small classroom teachers associated laboratories. In the last level seminars and concentrate offices where the activities are internal.