CDB ARQUITECTURA is an architectural studio founded in 2016 by architects Humbert Costas (ETSA Barcelona 1976) and Carlos Durán (ETSA A Coruña 2002), after almost 20 years of professional experience together. Our architecture is characterized by close and careful attention throughout the entire process, from the conceptualization of the spaces to the finished work, both in small-scale design and in the development of large-scale projects. Our interventions are based on a careful adaptation to functional aspects and a committed involvement in regard to the urban and landscape environment of the project, with a special focus on economic and environmental sustainability.
Humbert Costas Tordera
- Born in Barcelona on December 17, 1949.
- Graduated as Architect from the Technical School of Architecture of Barcelona (ETSAB-UPC) since 1974.
- Own practice in Barcelona since 1974.
- Shares studio with Architect Manuel Gómez since 1980.
- Founding partner of B-CDBARQUITECTURA (2016) after almost 20 years of professional experience with Carlos Durán.
- Associate Professor. Lecturer of Projects in the Department of Architectural Projects at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia, ETSAB, since Academic Year 1976-1977.
- PhD degree; 1980 to 1982 (ETSAB-UPC).
- Professor on the Postgraduate course “Museum Studies, Design and Fitout”, UPC course 94-95. Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Carlos Durán Bellas
- Born in Caracas on December 20, 1975.
- Graduated as Architect from the Technical School of Architecture of A Coruña (ETSAC-UDC) from 2002.
- Has collaborated with architects Humbert Costas and Manuel Gómez since 2000.
- Professional studio in Barcelona shared with the architect Jaime Blanco since 2002.
- Postgraduate degree: Architects School of Catalonia’s Training Program. SERT School: Sustainability and Architecture.
- Founding partner of B-CDBARQUITECTURA (2016) after almost 20 years of professional experience with Humbert Costas.